WESTERN BUREAU:Red Stripe Premier League club FC Reno has been busy during the January transfer window, and Dean Malloy, the club’s manager, believes the new recruits have already started to make an impact.Six players were brought and two left, and Malloy is confident they will help pull the club up the standings and finish the season on a high.”We have been doing some business and, so far, we are happy with the players we have brought in,” Malloy said.”Two players have left the club, including central midfielder Leonard Rankine, who joined Western Confederation Super League club Sandals Whitehouse.Joining the former three-time champions are two attacking players in Anthony Markes, formerly of Harbour View FC, and Taj Coley, who played for Appleton in the St Elizabeth Major League.It’s in attack that FC Reno are mostly bereft of talent, so with the addition of Markes and Coley, they should at least be converting more chances.FRESH SQUAD”These players have freshened up the squad, and the team is beginning to look the part once again,” Malloy said.On Sunday, while none of the new recruits got onto the score sheet, FC Reno posted a hard-working 2-0 win over Cavalier SC at the Frome Sports Complex.Romario Downswell and Dershan Bryan scored in the seventh and 91st minutes, respectively, to give Reno their first win in five matches.Sunday’s win comes on the heels of another decent performance, as they played to a draw in their previous outing and are looking a lot more settled.”We are hoping that the new players will add some impetus and help steer the club away from relegation,” said Malloy.”It is fair to say that we are charting a new way forward, and all the players in our squad will have a role to play in moving the club forward,” he added.
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Belgium goalkeeper coach Lemmens urges Real Madrid to rethink Courtois treatmentby Carlos Volcano22 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBelgium goalkeeper coach Erwin Lemmens has urged Real Madrid to rethink their management of Thibaut Courtois.Courtois was substituted at half-time in Tuesday’s 2-2 Champions League draw against Club Brugge, with Madrid 2-0 down at the time.The 27-year-old was arguably at fault for Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis’ ninth-minute opener and was again beaten by the Brugge striker later in the half.Comparing his compatriot’s woes at the Santiago Bernabeu to David de Gea’s form slump with Manchester United, Lemmens told Radio MARCA: “They have to treat him differently.”He’s a special boy and it’s unusual that he’s always at the highest level with Belgium, but there he suffers with De Gea syndrome.”If the Bernabeu whistles then you have to look at the team as a whole.”He’s a great goalkeeper and he’ll try to make Real Madrid happy again.”
LEXINGTON, KY – NOVEMBER 14: A general view of the Kentucky Wildcats game against the Grand Canyon Antelopes at Rupp Arena on November 14, 2014 in Lexington, Kentucky. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)Former Kentucky forward Willie Cauley-Stein, who is set to be selected later this week in the 2015 NBA Draft, has a number of tattoos covering his body. While all surely have significant meaning for the future NBA star, one – his most recent addition – surely means a bit more than the rest. This past weekend, Cauley-Stein got a massive neck tattoo to honor his late friend Blake Hundley, who passed away from cancer in May at the age of just nine years old. Cauley-Stein and Hundley had developed an incredible friendship in a short time. Cauley-Stein even wore “Team Blake” wristbands during games this past season.Cauley-Stein posted an Instagram photo of the design for his fans. He made no mention of where on his body he’d be getting inked.Cauley-Stein is regarded as one of the most likable players in basketball, so his decision to honor Hundley doesn’t come as a surprise. Whichever teams drafts him this Thursday will certainly be getting a high-character person.
Madonna has confirmed Katy Perry as the first guest curator for Art for Freedom in 2014 for the month of January.Madonna Names Katy Perry As Guest Curator for Art for FreedomKaty will collaborate with Madonna to select daily submissions to be showcased on artforfreedom.com. Since launching in September 2013, Art for Freedom has received over 3,000 submissions globally via artforfreedom.com and its social media platforms.“Art can change the world, but first it needs to be seen and heard,” said Madonna. “Katy Perry and I are asking you to be that voice and show us how you define freedom in 2014. This will be a year of monumental changes for human rights, and we want you to be a part of that change. Let us hear from you.”“I am so fortunate to have the freedom to express myself through music,” said Katy Perry. “Now I’m calling all of my incredibly creative KatyCats to use their talent to show Madonna and me how they express their freedom. I believe that 2014 can be a year of great social change. Together we can all stand up for Human Rights. Join the conversation, and let your art be your voice.”As part of the Art For Freedom initiative, Katy Perry will work with Madonna to select one artist during the month of January whose creative expression demonstrates a unique view of the fight for human rights. Madonna will then award a $10,000 grant to a nonprofit organization of the winning artist’s choice. All projects must be focused on the values of Art For Freedom. David Blaine served as Art for Freedom’s guest curator for the month of December.Launched in September 2013, Art For Freedom is a global digital initiative, led by Madonna in partnership with VICE Media, designed to fuel free speech – to respond, address and protest persecution and discrimination around the world. It is an online public art project encouraging people to express their personal meaning of freedom and revolution, in the form of video, music, poetry, and photography. Public submissions become part of the Art For Freedom website: contributors can join the project by uploading original artwork or tagging original posts #artforfreedom. The project was launched with the film secretprojectrevolution, co-directed by Madonna and Steven Klein.
New York: US oil giant Chevron announced Friday it had agreed to acquire all outstanding shares of Anadarko in a stock and cash transaction valued at $33 billion, or $65 per share. Based on Chevron’s Thursday closing price, Anadarko shareholders will receive 0.39 shares of Chevron and USD16.25 in cash for each Anadarko share held, the company said in a statement. The total enterprise value of the transaction is USD50 billion. “The acquisition of Anadarko will significantly enhance Chevron’s already advantaged Upstream portfolio and further strengthen its leading positions in large, attractive shale, deepwater and natural gas resource basins,” the company said. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”The combination of Anadarko’s premier, high-quality assets with our advantaged portfolio strengthens our leading position in the Permian, builds on our deepwater Gulf of Mexico capabilities and will grow our LNG business. “It creates attractive growth opportunities in areas that play to Chevron’s operational strengths and underscores our commitment to short-cycle, higher-return investments.” Anadarko Chairman and CEO Al Walker added: “The strategic combination of Chevron and Anadarko will form a stronger and better company with world-class assets, people and opportunities.” Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe deal is the oil industry’s largest since Royal Dutch Shell bought BG Group in 2016, and it sparked speculation that other shale producers are in play. Shares of Apache Corp, which also has extensive acreage in the Permian Basin, jumped 7 percent in premarket trading, while Pioneer Natural Resources Co rose 6 per cent. US crude oil production now surpasses 12 million barrels a day (bpd), and the nation is the third-largest producer of liquefied natural gas (LNG), the super-cooled fuel that is seeing record demand as a cheaper, cleaner alternative for countries that still rely heavily on coal for power generation. Chevron, which already has 2.3 million acres in the Permian Basin, said the deal to buy Anadarko would give the combined company a 75-mile (120-km)-wide corridor across the Permian’s Delaware basin, on the Texas-New Mexico border. Anadarko also has a Mozambique LNG project, part of one of the industry’s largest planned current investments. Chevron Chief Executive Michael Wirth will lead the combined company after the deal closes. Chevron will remain headquartered in San Ramon, California. Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC is Chevron’s financial adviser, while Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP is its legal adviser.
Mohamed Ouhemou, Casablanca- The man whose invention has killed more people than nuclear weapons, HIV and many other diseases all together is dead. Mikhail Kalashnikov, famous for his invention, the fully automatic assault rifle, the AK-47, known also as the Kalashnikov, died Monday at age 94. Mikhail Kalashnikov was born on 10 November 1919 in western Siberia. In 1938, he was called up for service in the Soviet Red Army, where he took advantage of his designing skills and employed them to improve the effectiveness of weapons and equipment used by the Soviet tank regiments he served in. He started seriously considering designing an assault machine gun when one of his friends in the army asked him why he could not make a gun that matched the power and efficiency of the guns used by the Germans. In 1947 Mikhail Kalashnikov completed the design of his legendary weapon whose simplicity made it both reliable and easy to use and maintain, but, most importantly, cheap to manufacture. One can only admire his great invention. Unlike its American counterpart the M16, which has always been criticized for being hard to maintain, the Kalashnikov can fire in all conditions, rain or shine, and it even if it gets wet or severely damaged, it will still fire. Hence when it was first distributed in 1963 to the American soldiers positioned in Vietnam, many soldiers refused to carry the weapon, saying that they would not put their lives into the hands of a children’s toy. Later, the M16 was modified and all the plastic parts were reinforced with steel, for instance the plastic bullet magazine was reinforced with steel.Besides the technical aspects as to which the Kalashnikov certainly stands superior, the Kalashnikov also has its romantic appeal. It is the weapon that liberated many African nations form colonial rule and put and end to colonial arrogance and military superiority. It seems that the Kalashnikov, when put in the hands of a well determined freedom fighter can achieve great miracles. Therefore it is employed by the armies of dozens of countries. Mozambiquehas even incorporated it into its national flags. Likewise for other national liberation movements such as Hezbollah in Lebanon, or the Irish National Liberation Army.American media has always tried to associate this weapon with terrorism and organized crime, and therefore it is rare to see any American action movies without having ugly and evil looking men carrying the Kalashnikov. Those ugly men are in most cases Arabs or Africans. While on the other side, you would see a group, of kind and good looking white fellows carrying the M-16, and getting rid of those evil men. The Kalashnikov, will always have its appeal and pertinence, though writing such as statement might seem callous, but the role of war above all is to kill as many as you can.Tough Mikhail Kalashnikov was honored by the government, he made almost no money from his invention. He is also said to have expressed his unhappiness about his invention, “It would have been better if I had designed a more useful and productive machine which farmers and workers could use,”he once said.Edited by Elisabeth Myers© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed
Arda Turan has been handed a whopping 16-match ban by the Turkish Super Lig after losing his temper in a bad call made by the refereeThe Barcelona loanee reacted angrily at a linesman in a match between his current team, Istanbul Basaksehir, and Sivasspor.Turan was left frustrated after ex-Real Madrid forward Robinho scored a late equaliser for Sivasspor that all but ended Basaksehir’s title hopes with the hosts having previously been reduced to nine men at the Istanbul Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadyumu.The 31-year-old then shoved the official with both hands and continued to protest after being given a straight red card.Turan was banned for 10 matches for attacking the assistant referee, three matches for insulting him and another three for threatening him.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.The former Atletico Madrid player was also fined 39,000 Turkish lira.??16 partidos de sanción a Arda Turan por agredir al árbitro asistente en la liga turca!! (10 por empujar, 3 por insultar y 3 por amenazar) #Radioestadio pic.twitter.com/zNcZILWNww— Radioestadio (@Radioestadio) May 10, 2018