NEBC Yukon Trackers to host third annual Food Bank Hockey Game on Friday

first_imgSteele says the stands will fill up quickly, so if the public wants to attend the event they better get there early.The draw for the Trackers $5000 Gift Card Christmas raffle will take place during the game.The Third Annual Trackers Food Bank Hockey Game is taking place tomorrow, Friday, December 21, at the North Peace Arena. Game time is 12:00 p.m. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Northeast B.C. Yukon Trackers will be hosting their third annual Food Bank Hockey Game tomorrow, Friday, at the North Peace Arena.For this unique game, the Trackers will be hosting the Camrose Vikings.Admission for the game will be a donation of a non-perishable food item for the local food bank.- Advertisement -In attendance for the game will be students from North Peace Secondary School / Energetic Learning Campus and students from other local schools.Energetic Learning Campus vice-principal, Sheldon Steele, says this event will be full of school spirit.“Having the game during the school day will allow us to be able to fill the stands with students/fans. We will have 1000+ fans. The school band will be there to play. It will be a great school spirit event. All the Tracker players attend NPSS/ELC and this will be very nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time for both teams. Most of these players would never experience a crowd this large.”Advertisementlast_img read more

Benteke ends 14-game goal drought

first_img0Shares0000Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke celebrates after scoring against Leicester City during their Premier League match at the King Power Stadium on December 16, 2017 © AFP / Lindsey PARNABYLEICESTER, United Kingdom, Dec 16 – Christian Benteke ended a 14-match goal drought with a 19th minute header for strugglers Crystal Palace in their Premier League victory at Leicester on Saturday.It was Palace’s first away goal of the season and they went on to win 3-0 — Benteke creating the second for Wilfried Zaha — to move out of the bottom three. The 27-year-old Belgian international striker owed his team-mates a goal after controversially missing a last-gasp penalty he should not have taken in last Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Bournemouth.Last week, Benteke — who should have allowed Luka Milivojevic to take the spot kick as the Serbian had scored a penalty earlier in the match — apologised to his team-mates and manager Roy Hodgson, admitting he had let them down.However, the former Aston Villa and Liverpool striker denied his goal on Saturday was a means of repaying his team-mates for the penalty incident.“Not owed something because we are a team but I just wanted to show that I’m always involved and I will do everything to get back on my form,” Benteke told Sky Sports.“I’ve been really patient, I’ve been through a hard time but I’m a big believer and I really work hard. I just got what I deserved to get.”Hodgson, whose side have improved so much under his aegis that for the first time in their history they have gone seven games without defeat in the Premier League, praised Benteke but rued the fact he will miss the next game against Swansea because he is suspended.“I think it (the goal) will do a lot for Christian Benteke’s confidence, and the crowd really got behind him today, they appreciated his work rate too, and that was fully deserved,” Hodgson told Sky Sports.“They were singing his name which was fantastic because after missing the penalty he perhaps rightly, many people were saying, got some stick from the crowd.“But on this occasion they’ve turned very quickly singing his name and that was fully deserved.“I am surprised though he has picked up five yellow cards (earning the suspension) because he is a gentle giant, so I’d love to know how he picked up the previous cards.”On the pitch Benteke gave the perfect riposte by creeping in between Wes Morgan and Danny Simpson to head home Andros Townsend’s cross and then stuck his fingers to his ears by way of celebration.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

POPULAR DONEGAL FIREFIGHTER RETIRES AFTER MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS OF SERVICE

first_imgFEATURES: Popular Bundoran-based fire fighter Martin Granaghan has retired after more than three decades in the Donegal Fire Service.A special function to acknowledge Martin’s contribution was held in the former Bundoran Town Council offices recently and attended by Martin’s wife, Kathleen, sons Tony and Damien, grandson Reese and friend Peter Gilmartin along with former colleagues from Bundoran Fire Brigade and officials from Donegal County Council. Sadly Martin was unable to be present.Speaking at the occasion Director of Finance, I.S, and Emergency Services, Garry Martin, Acting Chief Fire Officer, Joseph McTaggart, Senior Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Shaun Campbell and Station Officer, Michael Goodwin all praised Martin’s dedication to duty, his professionalism, his abilities and his loyalty to his colleagues.They recalled Martin’s career in the service which began in 1980 and how he was never found wanting when it came to doing his best no matter what the demands were.A presentation of a statuette and a certificate was made to the Granaghan family who returned thanks to all concerned for the kind words and recognition of Martin’s career. POPULAR DONEGAL FIREFIGHTER RETIRES AFTER MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS OF SERVICE was last modified: August 27th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Featuresnewslast_img read more

Chelsea send scouts to monitor Milan defender Alessio Romagnoli

first_imgItalian outlet Calcio Mercato claim that the Blues sent representatives to witness the match first-hand, as they begin to up the tempo in their pursuit of the centre-back.Romagnoli is a seemingly a pre-emptive target for Maurizio Sarri’s side, as they anticipate the departures of Gary Cahill and potentially also Andreas Christensen in the coming months.The Italian began his career at Roma before moving to Milan in 2015, where he has now become a permanent fixture in the first XI.He is also known to be a target for Manchester United, with Jose Mourinho still unconvinced by his current back line. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Tottenham issue immediate ban to supporter who threw cup at Kepa Chelsea deployed scouts to watch Alessio Romagnoli in the Milan derby on Sunday, according to reports.The AC Milan defender was minutes away from a an impressive clean sheet against his club’s bitter rivals before Mauro Icardi netted a stoppage time winner for Inter. REVEALED REVEALED Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Lampard appears to aim dig at Mourinho for handling of Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea OFF punished tense Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? JIBE REAL DEAL Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City Latest Chelsea News Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star Romagnoli is attracting interest from multiple Premier League teams 1 shining targets Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January gameday cracker Redknapp calls Son ‘petulant’, but Holloway says red card for Rudiger kick was ‘soft’last_img read more

GOVERNMENT HAS THE POWER TO BLOCK MASSIVE SALARY OF BANK BOSS – DOHERTY

first_imgSinn Féin finance spokesperson, Pearse Doherty TD, has said Minister Michael Noonan should use the state’s stake in Bank of Ireland to vote against the salary of CEO Richie Boucher and other directors.Deputy Doherty said: “Minister Noonan has indicated that he will abstain on the vote on Richie Boucher’s salary at the bank’s AGM taking place tomorrow.“Richie Boucher took home €843,000 in 2012. His remuneration and that of other directors is up for approval by shareholders at tomorrow’s AGM. “For Minister Noonan, who is s a 15% shareholder in the bank to not object to this is scandalous. This week the government refused to rule out legislating to cut the wages of frontline workers. It seems austerity is only for lower and middle income earners.“The minister cannot hide behind the fact that it was Fianna Fáil who agreed Mr Boucher’s pay scale. The government has had two years to act on bankers’ pay but has refused to do so. They have bottled it.“The state has sunk billions into Bank of Ireland and now Minister Noonan is refusing to use that clout to make the top dogs face reality and take a pay-cut.”  GOVERNMENT HAS THE POWER TO BLOCK MASSIVE SALARY OF BANK BOSS – DOHERTY was last modified: April 23rd, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GOVERNMENT HAS THE POWER TO BLOCK MASSIVE SALARY OF BANK BOSS – DOHERTYlast_img read more