The final solution of the bicycle tour “Podstrana walk and bike” was presented

first_imgAt the conference, the conceptual design, works and implementation of the project “Podstrana walk and bike” – construction of a coastal promenade and bike path. Promenade and bike path is located in the western part of the Municipality of Podstrana, and includes new bike paths and promenades on the coast length of 363 meters and hiking and biking trails along the left bank of Žrnovnica, 1610 meters long. The trail is equipped with information boards, smart benches and showcases with marked routes. Last week, the final conference of the project “Sea river promenade and bike path ‘Podstrana walk and bike'” was held. The value of the project is 10 million kuna, of which 85 percent, or 8,5 million kuna, is financed by the European Union through the “Urban Agglomeration Split” and “ITU mechanism”, and the remaining 15 percent is financed from the budget of the Municipality of Podstrana. Find out more about the whole project HERE Recall, the beginning of this year is the first time presented project “Sea river promenade and bike path ‘Podstrana walk and bike'”. The aim of the project is to improve and develop the cycling infrastructure within the Municipality of Podstrana, and thus within the Urban agglomeration of Split. The project encourages cycling as an alternative type of transport with zero CO2 emissions, which will contribute to the overall reduction of the negative impact on the environment. The goal is also to build new and equip bicycle paths and roads, connect several settlements within the Municipality of Podstrana and connect two local self-government units (Podstrana and Split) to increase overall coastal mobility in the Urban Agglomeration of Split.center_img Also, it is important to point out that the entire network of bike paths and bike routes through the Municipality of Podstrana is plotted in the “EuroVelo 8 – Mediterranean Route”. The EuroVelo 8 route seeks to connect the entire Mediterranean region, from Cadiz in the west to Cyprus in the east, with the aim of establishing a quality cycling route following the principles of sustainable transport and tourism. Source: Municipality of Podstrana / Photo: Pixabay.com Thus, Podstrana and Split will finally be connected by a pedestrian and bicycle path. Also, as they point out from the Municipality of Podrstan, the entire Podstrana walk and bike project will be applied in the funds for the fight against obesity, in order to enable long-term cycling from Trogir to Omis. last_img read more