A student has come forward with information about the viral Kappa Sigma email that circulated around the university campus and beyond, according to Vice President of Student Affairs Michael L. Jackson.Jackson said the university is currently reviewing the information the student provided to see if it changes the university’s view of what happened.Jackson sent an email to the university community last month, saying the university had learned in its investigation that a USC student did not write the email. Instead, the university said, a friend at an East Coast university forwarded it to the student who sent it to the USC Kappa Sigma listserv.Mitchell Wilson, executive director of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, said the Kappa Sigma Fraternity nationals has completed its investigation of the viral email. Wilson said the investigation was not able to determine who created the email, but the individuals at USC involved with forwarding the email and making inappropriate comments in response to the email are in the process of being disciplined. Wilson did not talk about the punishments.Wilson also said Kappa Sigma nationals will soon be conducting a membership review of USC’s Kappa Sigma chapter.“We go in and meet with each individual and we review them, we look at their record of membership in the chapter and what they’ve done,” Wilson said. “We have to have some affirmation that they are committed to the values of our fraternity and that they are going to live by these values.”Wilson said membership reviews for Kappa Sigma chapters occur on a case-by-case basis. Individuals who are found in violation of Kappa Sigma’s principles will be suspended or expelled from the fraternity.“We wish to make very sure that we have the men going forward who are going to represent our fraternity in a positive fashion,” Wilson said.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich. — A family is still grieving over the disappearance of their daughter. A close friend filed a missing person’s report of an Alpena County woman on June 12, 2012. Michigan State Police held a press conference Thursday to give a statement to the public, nearly seven years to the day after anyone saw or heard from Lisa Marie Knight.“Lisa was just a happy person, she just loved life,” said Lisa’s father Marc Knight. “She liked horses. She dearly loved her children.” Lisa has four children. The eldest is 20 and the youngest is 8-years-old.“We don’t have any peace,” said Marc. “We haven’t had peace since Lisa went missing.”Michigan State Police held their first press conference about Lisa Knight’s disappearance Thursday morning.Detective sergeant Steve Harshberger said, “Lisa was known to be alive at the residence of her ex–husband Lloyd Frey in Ossineke. That would have been on the evening of June 8, 2012.”Investigators haven’t found a shred of evidence indicating Lisa is alive.“We firmly believe at this point that she is deceased,” said Harshberger.Police see this case as an open sore. “Sometimes the community can kind of forget it and we don’t want that to happen,” said lieutenant Travis House.Lisa’s parents, Jean and Marc Knight, are still searching for answers and hope their daughter returns home.“We have to believe that there are people out there who know something,” said Marc. A break in the case would mean Marc could once again find peace, knowing his daughter can be laid to rest.The anniversary of Lisa Knight’s disappearance is Saturday, June 8.Police will award $1,000 dollars to anyone with a lead to the resolution of this case. You can send a tip to Crime Stoppers 1-800-422-5245 or the Michigan State Police Alpena Post.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Senior Living: longest day fundraiserNext Fire at Lafarge causes no structural damage to building