RelatedPosts Messi becomes football’s second billionaire + Top 10 Koeman hints at different approach from Barca after friendly win Simeone tests positive for coronavirus Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has agreed a deal with the club to end his contract and settled on personal terms with Atletico Madrid, according to reports in Spain on Monday.The Catalans’ third top scorer of all time was told he was not wanted by new Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman and has been looking for a new club. Suarez, 33, who has one year to run on his Barcelona contract, agreed a deal with the club to cut it short, reports said.Mundo Deportivo said Suarez has fixed a contract with Atletico Madrid for two seasons, although the club will need to lighten their wage bill to accommodate the Uruguayan.Reports in Italy say Juventus are in talks with Atletico to re-sign Spain striker Alvaro Morata.Suarez had been heavily linked with Juventus but coach Andrea Pirlo said it was unlikely he would come to Italy because of the difficulty in obtaining an EU passport.The striker finished as Barca’s second-highest scorer last season behind captain Lionel Messi and scored 198 goals in 283 games for Barca, after joining in 2014 from Liverpool. Tags: Atletico MadridBarcelonaLuis Suarezronald koeman
The State Department suspended an employee of its energy bureau for alleged ties to a white supremacist group.According to Politico, Matthew Gebert, a foreign affairs officer for the department’s Bureau of Energy Resources, has been an active member of a white supremacist group for more than five years.Gebert has been linked to the Washington D.C.-area chapter of white supremacy.A report published Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate speech, also linked Gerbert to racist propaganda published online.The group cited a post from Gebert where he allegedly called for white people to establish “a country of our own with nukes, and we will retake this thing lickety-split.”The State Department has not spoken out about the matter at this time.
The Wisconsin Badgers (4-3) saw their four-game win streak come to a screeching halt this weekend at the Legends Classic in Brooklyn, New York as they were upset handily by both the Richmond Spiders (5-1) and the New Mexico Lobos (6-2).The losses were bad ones for Head Coach Greg Gard’s team and were a result of two things: a collective inadequacy from beyond the arc and an apparent lack of improvement from two key upperclassmen.Wisconsin’s legendary former Head Coach Bo Ryan set a high standard for Gard when he retired suddenly in 2015, but it’s still surprising that Gard’s teams have found so little success through nearly four seasons. One thing that Ryan’s teams always did well was shoot the basketball and have upperclassmen in the backcourt that could lead the team, but recent Badger squads have struggled to find similar success.Not all basketball programs are constructed this way, but when you build your team around an efficient inside presence — this year in the form of Nate Reuvers — you need to actually have the “out” aspect of an inside-out attack.Men’s Basketball: Badgers take down Green Bay in second straight in-state matchupThe University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team took care of business for the fourth consecutive game after dropping their season Read…How bad was the shooting and backcourt play during these losses?The Badgers came into the Legends Classic shooting 37% from beyond the arc, a number that would have been bested by the four Badger teams that preceded this one.Wisconsin then proceeded to go 9-for-53 on 3-point attempts between Monday and Tuesday, good for a lowly 17%.Against New Mexico they shot 2-for-26 behind the arc, good for 7.7% and the lowest three-point percentage in a game by a Badger team since 2003.Again, these numbers are bad ones for any team, but they’re especially concerning for a team built around defense, a seven-foot center and outside shooting around him.Men’s Basketball: Previewing remainder of Badgers’ non-conference scheduleWe’ll keep it simple — the prospects for a highly successful Badger basketball team weren’t great before the 2019-20 season. Read…Now to the backcourt.Last year Badger fans saw D’Mitrik Trice average 11.6 points and shoot nearly 40% from beyond the arc, good numbers for a redshirt sophomore stepping into a lead role on the team.So far this season, those numbers have dropped significantly, and are doing so against the Badgers’ weak out-of-conference schedule. Trice is averaging just 8.4 points, shooting 35% from the floor and only 31% from three.Trice finished the Legends Classic with 16 total points, shot 27% from the field and shot a measly 2-for-13 on three-point attempts, all this in an average of 34 minutes a night.One thing seen with nearly every Ryan team was the backcourt leaders improving as they moved through their college careers and playing efficient basketball as upperclassmen. Seven games into Trice’s junior season that has not been the case, and this weekend Brad Davison’s story was no different.Men’s Basketball: Wisconsin dominates I-94 rivalry with Marquette, slows down Markus HowardIn front of an electric Kohl Center, the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team beat in-state rivals Marquette 77–61 Sunday. Read…Davison finished the two games with a combined seven points, shot 13% from the floor and shot 10% from three, including a failure to make any baskets against New Mexico.Davison started off the season strong, scoring more than 15 points in four of the Badgers’ first five games. But, along with seemingly everybody on the team, was unable to buy a bucket against far inferior competition.Badger fans should hope that this weekend was an anomaly and that the start of conference play will light a fire under Gard’s team, as the team is scheduled to play the current No. 17, No. 10, No. 5 and No. 3 teams in the nation in the coming weeks.Many analysts see the Big Ten as the best and deepest conference in the country this season. If the Badgers have any chance to succeed in conference play and make the NCAA Tournament, they will need to find a rhythm from beyond the arc, get upperclassmen-like contributions from their backcourt leaders and avoid any more slip-ups against inferior competition.The Badgers are back in action Dec. 4 as they visit the North Carolina State Wolfpack (5-1, 0-1 ACC) for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
Published on April 25, 2019 at 4:29 pm Contact Eric: firstname.lastname@example.org | @esblack34 Two days after being named to the All-ACC first team for the second-straight year, Syracuse junior attack Emily Hawryschuk has been named one of 25 nominees for the Tewaaraton Award, the lacrosse equivalent of the Heisman Trophy.She is the lone SU representative among the nominees, though fellow attack Nicole Levy and defender Sarah Cooper were named to the award’s watch lists earlier this season. The Victor native leads the Orange with 61 goals and 78 points, both of which are career-highs, and also paces the team with 45 draw controls.Hawryschuk is joined on the list of nominees by 10 other players from the ACC, including four from Syracuse’s next opponent, Boston College. Reigning Tewaaraton winner Sam Apuzzo, who scored seven goals versus the Orange earlier this season, leads the quartet of players from BC.No. 4 Syracuse (15-3, 5-2 Atlantic Coast) will take on the top-ranked Eagles (18-0, 7-0) on Friday at 5 p.m. in the semifinals of the ACC tournament after they defeated No. 7 Virginia, 12-10, on Wednesday. The Orange gave BC its toughest test of the season on Feb. 16, when they jumped out to a 7-2 lead before ultimately losing, 14-12.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
He says it’s something he’ll look back on with pride. Sweden, who provide the opposition in the Republic of Ireland’s first match in Group E tomorrow week, host Wales in a friendly in Stockholm.Meanwhile, Northern Ireland will go into the tournament on the back of a 12 match unbeaten run following their scoreless draw with Slovakia last night.Aaron Hughes won his 100th cap in that match.
Ghana premier league champions Ashanti Gold labored to beat 10-man MO Bejaia by a goal to nil in the first leg-tie of the CAF Champions League on Sunday at the Obuasi Len Clay Sports Stadium.The Miners were in high hopes of thrashing their Algerian side but it turned out to be difficult for the Obuasi based club.MO Bejiaia stormed the mining town with a defensive strategy despite conceding possession to the home side they created some few chances in the opening minutes . Ashanti Gold failed to translate their dominance into goals as the first half ended goalless.From the recess, Ashanti Gold mounted an intense pressure as MO Bejaia had little to do in the game, the closet the Miners came they failed to hit the back of the net with Isaac Amoah, Nuhu Fuseini and Osei Baffuor being the worst culprit on the day.In the 61 minute, defender Tijani Joshua broke the deadlock, however, some few minutes later MO Bejaia were reduced to 10-men after Lakadari received his second yellow card in the game.The Ghanaian side failed to take full advantage of the numerical disadvantage of the Bejaia based club as the sizzling game ended 1-0. The reverse fixture of the game is in two weeks time in Algeria.–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Photo by: GETTY IMAGE (Caption: First five-eighth Beauden Barrett put on an absolute clinic when the Hurricanes thrashed the Brumbies at McLean Park in April) Drainage issues have seen the Napier venue lose hosting rights for three New Zealand one-day international cricket matches, but it will continue to successfully stage Super Rugby games.The Hurricanes will come to McLean Park for their eleventh time, on April 6, when they meet the Sharks in a Friday-night round-eight clash. The team have won seven of their previous 10 games in Napier, including April’s 56-21 win over the Brumbies. That followed the previous season’s 56-20 thrashing of the Highlanders.”Over the past two years Hawke’s Bay has run a fantastic match-day experience at McLean Park and I know our players and coaches are already looking forward to returning in 2018. The Hurricanes will continue to take big matches to the regions and we are already in discussions with Manawatu about hosting a match in Palmerston North in 2019,” Hurricanes chief executive Avan Lee said in a statement.More than 13,000 fans attended this year’s clash with the Brumbies and Hawke’s Bay Rugby Union chief executive Mike Bishop was confident of a similar turnout against the Sharks.”The Hurricanes have a strong history of success at McLean Park with successive wins over the Bulls, Highlanders and Brumbies since 2014 and will be looking to build on that in front of their Hawke’s Bay fans in 2018,” Bishop said. “The game will be of special significance for the Magpies quartet of Ihaia West, Gareth Evans, Ben May and Jonah Lowe who will want to add to the rich history of Hawke’s Bay players making a big contribution to the Hurricanes brand.” The connection between the Hurricanes and Sharks is well known. Hurricanes assistant coach John Plumtree is a former Sharks player and head coach and he was assisted during that coaching tenure by Hurricanes head coach Chris Boyd.The Sharks soundly beat the Hurricanes in Durban, during the 2016 regular season, before the tables were turned in the quarterfinals. On a wet and windy night in Wellington the Hurricanes won 41-0 and the two teams have yet to meet since.They came within a whisker of a clash this year, but the Lions just pipped the Sharks in their quarterfinal. A Sharks win would’ve set up a semifinal in Wellington but the Hurricanes instead went to Johannesburg, where their title defence came to an end.
The Hunters management announced that outer stand ticket holders will gain access to the stadium from the Port Moresby In-service College with eight queues.For the grandstand ticket holders, they will enter the stadium from the gate opposite Vision City. “The public is being advised to buy tickets from Stop-N-Shop outlets only to avoid counterfeit tickets sold on the streets as scanning devices have been upgraded for this game,” said the Hunters management.The gates will open at 11am with kick off scheduled for 2:30pm.Tickets for the game will go on sale tomorrow at all Stop N Shop outlets in Port Moresby.Grandstand tickets are going for K50 while outer stand tickets will sell for K25.
José Mourinho’s Tottenham accumulates problems in attack now that they are one point behind the Champions League positions in the Premier League standings. If a few months ago Harry kane He was seriously injured Now it is Heung-min Son who will be low for the remainder of the season, as confirmed by Jose Mourinho himself. And it is that the Korean was injured in the arm during the match against Aston Villa. After operating the arm, you must perform rehabilitation before returning to the playing fields. The player has 16 goals and 9 assists in the 32 games he has played this season. Tomorrow, the English club plays the first leg of the round of 16 against RB Leipzig. Steven Bergwijn Y Lucas Moura they will be the leading front theorists even without being pure nines. 7 That is why the Asian soccer player will have to go through the operating room this week. It is not known exactly how long it will be in the dry dock, although the club has issued a statement in which it says it will be many weeks. Mou has already said he will not play again in this campaign. Premier League* Data updated as of February 18, 2020