Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, June 22nd 2017: Works Minister Desmond Bannister has ordered the termination of employees allegedly involved in millions of dollars stolen at Bahamas Power and Light, BPL. The move comes after revelations show monies stolen have risen to over $4M. The Minister speaking in parliament described it as a cleanup exercise at BPL, as he has authorized the board to do what is necessary.Minister Bannister says the move has nothing to do with politics, but ensuring transparency at the company and protecting taxpayers’ monies. Bannister has added that any person found in wrongdoing will be made to pay, and he confirmed that a forensic audit is currently ongoing at the power company.Reports indicate that four people were suspended last month, while one employee was fired following an uncovering of an ‘elaborate scheme’ allegedly involving forged cheques going to fake companies.The Minister says the matter has been handed over to the Attorney General and the Police.The Minnis administration has vowed to stamp out corruption and stop all bleeding of taxpayer dollars, as audits on state agencies and ministries commenced shortly after entering office six weeks ago. Related Items: #MagneticMediaNews#BannisterOrdersBPLBoardToTerminatePersonsInvolvedInTheft#BPL4MTheft
Hearst Magazines Digital Media has made a couple major changes to its leadership. Brooke Siegel was appointed to VP of content and Kristine Brabson was promoted to executive director, content strategy.Most recently, Siegel served as executive director, editorial strategy for Hearst Magazines Digital Media, but in her new role, she will be responsible for content strategy across the company’s digital portfolio as well as directly overseeing the brand’s luxury sites, including HarpersBazaar.com, ELLE.com, MarieClaire.com, and Sweet, a straight-to-Snapchat Discover publication. She will also add oversight of HMDM’s centralized features department and the newsroom to her responsibilities.Brabson most recently held the title of site director of Good Housekeeping with editorial oversight of House Beautiful, Redbook and Prevention. In her new management role, Brabson will have the added oversight of Country Living and Woman’s Day in addition to Good Housekeeping, Redbook and Prevention.InStyle has appointed Julia von Boehm as their new fashion director, effective April 23. She will report to editor-in-chief, Laura Brown, and will oversee fashion and styling across the brand.von Boehm has contributed to a variety of different fashion brands like Harper’s Bazaar and Porter Magazine, and has served as the creative director for Germany’s Interview Magazine. She also has recognition among the Hollywood elite, known for styling actors like Nicole Kidman.“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Julia on and off for years. She has incredible taste, brilliant relationships–in both fashion and Hollywood–and she gets it done,” says Brown.Town & Country’s former beauty director, Jamie Rosen, was tapped as ZIIP Beauty’s new director of strategy and partnerships, effective April 9. With over 15 years of experience in a beauty editor/director role, Rosen will be responsible for overseeing strategic collaborations and devising overall storytelling and messaging in her new position. She will also work to grow the company through collaborative efforts in determining brand direction and product pipeline.“I will be focused on amplifying its powerful story, partnering with like-minded brands, and helping to build what is next,” says Rosen. “ZIIP is not just the real deal, it is the future of beauty, and a manifestation of what happens when women take matters into their own hands.”The Atlantic has added The Ringer’s Hannah Giorgis to their culture team as a staff writer.Business Insider has tapped Olivia Oran as a senior editor. She most recently worked at Reuters and in her new role, she will lead a team of reporters in covering the financial industry.Mashable’s former managing editor, Foster Kamer, has joined Futurism Media as content director. Mia TramzMia Tramz will be rejoining the TIME newsroom as editorial director, enterprise and immersive experiences from her current position as managing editor of TIME’s LIFE VR. While making the transition into her new role, Tramz will continue to oversee LIFE VR and work with other brands to produce 360 video, VR and AR. In her new position, however, she will take on the responsibilities of overseeing enterprise projects across all platforms, and looking for opportunities to augment the impact of brand content.Earning two Emmy nominations in Tramz last role, including one for the first VR docu-series covering the world’s tallest peak, “Capturing Everest” for Sports Illustrated, TIME’s editor-in-chief, Edward Felsenthal said in an announcement to his staff that “Mia has repeatedly proven herself to be an outstanding digital innovator.”We agree, having just named Mia one of our 2018 Top Women in Media, Industry Trailblazer honorees.Creating TIME’s first AR-activated issue as well as its first VR hologram, Felsenthal says of her promotion, “you can expect more of that to come.”Here are the rest of this week’s people on the move…
Dan Cohen AUTHOR In a pilot project conducted at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., the Army found that deconstructing, rather than demolishing, three buildings allowed it to increase the percentage of material that could be diverted from a landfill.In a standard demolition, a building is quickly torn down using mechanical equipment, with the primary goals being cost reduction and reducing the amount of materials sent to a landfill, reported the Army Corp of Engineers’ Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville. The Corps’ goal is to divert 60 percent of the materials following a demolition; the salvaged materials are either reuse or recycled.During a deconstruction, a contractor removes the greatest amount of materials that are intact and suitable to reuse or recycle. Not all buildings are good candidates for deconstruction, however. Engineers must consider the type of construction, contents and condition and their suitability for reuse, as well as the project itself, project schedule, and markets and industry capabilities, according to the story.The Fort Leonard Wood pilot involved three buildings — a chapel, laundry and warehouse. The contractor reused or recycled more than 250 tons of material from the chapel, for an 85 percent diversion rate; nearly 700 tons of material was reused or recycled from the laundry, for a 73 percent diversion rate.During the contractor’s deconstruction of the warehouse, though, the building became unstable due to excessive rotting of the wooden structure. As a result, the deconstruction effort was stopped and the Army decided to demolish the building. Despite the snag, the contractor was able to reuse or recycle 297 tons of material, diverting more than 63 percent from a landfill.Overall, the contractor reused or recycled 1,246 of the three buildings’ 1,717 tons of material, making the project a success, according to the Corps.“Deconstruction is one of those valuable nuances in the demolition arena that may allow us to increase our diversion percentages without significant cost in time or dollars,” said Dave Shockley, chief of the Corps’ facilities division branch.
WILMINGTON, MA — Below is information on a yard sale happening in Wilmington this weekend:When: Saturday, August 4, 8am-5pm AND Sunday, August 5, 8am-5pmWhere: 1 Rustic Lane, Wilmington (Dead End Street off of Salem Street)Details: THIS IS A 2-DAY WEEKEND YARD SALE: Sat 8/4 to Sun 8/5, 8 AM to 5 PM. Rain or Shine (covered). We have lots of awesome items at this yard sale and invite you to attend.Too many household and outdoor items to mention but examples are: small household appliances, rug cleaner, electronics, clothing, generator, ladders, scaffold, chairs, housewares, dishes, and more! Most items are marked and for sale. All offers considered. Bring your ca$h for a good trade. Credit and debit considered at time of purchase. No personal checks. [Source: GSALR.com]Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington Yard Sale Listings (August 3-4)In “Community”Wilmington Yard Sale Listings (August 24-25)In “Community”Wilmington Yard Sale Listings (August 10-11)In “Community”
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights of the Wilmington Police Log for Monday, April 29, 2019:A caller reported a hypodermic needle next to the tracks and walkway at the MBTA Commuter Rail station on Main Street. Police were unable to locate. (7:15am)A resident requested assistance lifting dog into vehicle to take to vet. Animal Control Officer responded and assisted. (9:47am)Fire and Police responded to two brush fires near tracks on Burlington Avenue. (11:55am)Police received a report of larceny of wheelchair ramp equipment from Shawsheen Avenue. (12:33pm)Paola Robles (22, Lynn) was arrested on Unlicensed Operation Of A Motor Vehicle. (1:23pm)Police noted an in-bound train was blocking Route 62 at North Wilmington station. (9:39pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 31: Woburn Man Arrested For OUI; Bad Highway Crash Required MedflightIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for September 5: Train Conductor Helps Locate Missing Puppy; Rented Trucks Not Returned To UHaulIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 29: 2 Men Arrested On Warrants; Tree Falls On 5 Cars At Town Hall; Highway CrashIn “Police Log”
Apple’s subscription service comes as an increasing number of major companies expand or bolster their offering with either monthly subscription services for downloadable games, or services that stream gameplay directly to a variety of devices. While Microsoft and EA have both discussed streaming game services, Google last week beat both to the punch with news of its Stadia gaming service, which it said would be going live this year.The App Store has earned $120 billion for developers worldwide, according to Apple.RELATED CONTENT: ×Steven Spielberg Backs Apple TV+Volume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpYoung Thug and Lizzo Top the RS Charts | RS Charts News 9/29/1900:58 twitter facebook reddit Linkhttps://variety.com/2019/digital/news/apple-announces-gaming-subscription-service-apple-arcade-1203171344/?jwsource=clCopied EmbedCopiedLive00:0005:0305:03More Videos00:58Young Thug and Lizzo Top the RS Charts | RS Charts News 9/29/1902:55Emmys: Why Your Favorite Shows Aren’t Nominated02:15Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney Princesses04:09Hollywood Celebrities Who Died in 201900:49Wyclef Jean on the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title01:08Naughty by Nature on Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award TitleClose Apple detailed its long-rumored gaming subscription service during a special event it held in Cupertino, California Monday.Apple Arcade is the world’s first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and living room, the company said. With a single subscription, you get access to more than 100 new and exclusive games. The games won’t be on any other mobile platform, according to Apple. The subscription will let you download and play as many of the Apple Arcade games as you want. They all feature cross-play between Apple devices, support family support — so everyone in a family shares the games for one fee — and all of them will be playable offline.Apple Arcade, which hits this fall in 150 countries from a new tab on the App Store across iOS, macOS and tvOS, will be curated by the same Apple team that curates the store. Pricing and further details will be announced later this year. Apple Arcade will launch in fall 2019 in more than 150 countries Apple said it will also be contributing to the development costs and working closely with creators to bring the games to life. The service will feature games from Annapurna Interactive, Bossa Studios, Cartoon Network, Finji, Giant Squid, Klei Entertainment, Konami, LEGO, Mistwalker Corporation, SEGA, Snowman, ustwo games and dozens more.Apple also announced a handful of games coming to the service Monday including “Beyond a Steel Sky,” “Where Cards Fall,” “FANTASIAN,” “Lifelike,” “Overland”, “Little Orpheus,” “The Artful Escape,” “The Pathless,” “ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree,” “LEGO Brawls,” “Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm,” “Sonic Racing,”“Box Project,” “Frogger in Toy Town,” “Projection: First Light,” “Mr. Turtle,” “Enter The Construct,” “Sayonara Wild Hearts,” and “Hot Lava.”“The App Store is the world’s biggest and most successful game platform. Now we are going to take games even further with Apple Arcade, the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room,” said Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We are working with some of the most innovative game developers in the world to create over 100 new and exclusive games to play across iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. Apple Arcade games will be great for families, respect user privacy and will not have ads or require any additional purchases. We think players of all ages are going to love Apple Arcade.”Developers interested in being considered for Apple Arcade should visit developer.apple.com/apple-arcade.Rumors of the Apple gaming subscription service first hit in January, when Cheddar reported on the premium service. Rumors had it that subscribers would get access to a bundle of paid games from various developers for a set monthly fee.Developers will then receive a cut of the revenue generated from these monthly subscriptions based on how much play time users spent playing their title, a source told Bloomberg. The service will exclude free to play titles that offer in-app purchases, according to the source.Apple is also gearing up to reveal details of its video, TV, and news subscription services, so the addition of a gaming service seems a natural addition.