More about 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4×2 Quad Cab 6’4″ Box 2019 Ram Heavy Duty has all the torque 99 Photos 0 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Trucks Diesel Cars More From Roadshow Ram Share your voice Post a comment Review • 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value Ram Tags Preview • Enlarge ImageThis thing could probably tow the US Capitol building. Ram The government shutdown extended its dead hand to the automotive industry when the Environmental Protection Agency had to stop certifying new cars for sale in the US. Ram was halfway through the process with its new heavy-duty truck when the shutdown happened, but the automaker is back in action now.Ram announced this week that the EPA finally certified the 2019 Ram 3500 heavy-duty pickup for sale in the US, including both gasoline and diesel variants. It had already received certification for the 2500 prior to the shutdown. “FCA US is grateful to the US Environmental Protection Agency for expediting this process,” the company said in a statement.There’s still a ways to go before the trucks actually land at dealers, though. The 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup is slated to launch in the second quarter, so there’s no need to brave a polar vortex to pick one up (at least I hope). In the middle of the shutdown, Automotive News reported that even though Ford and GM had certifications in the queue, neither was concerned, given how long it would be until those models were actually offered for sale. Ram seemed to be in the worst spot, but now that everything has cleared up, it appears to be smooth sailing for the auto industry once more.The 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup launched at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show. Boasting a mind-warping 1,000 pound-feet of torque when equipped with its 6.7-liter Cummins diesel I6, it’s the first heavy-duty truck to break the four-digit torque barrier. It’ll tow up to 35,100 pounds and haul up to 7,680 in the bed. Yowza.
Apple’s subscription service comes as an increasing number of major companies expand or bolster their offering with either monthly subscription services for downloadable games, or services that stream gameplay directly to a variety of devices. While Microsoft and EA have both discussed streaming game services, Google last week beat both to the punch with news of its Stadia gaming service, which it said would be going live this year.The App Store has earned $120 billion for developers worldwide, according to Apple.RELATED CONTENT: ×Steven Spielberg Backs Apple TV+Volume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpYoung Thug and Lizzo Top the RS Charts | RS Charts News 9/29/1900:58 twitter facebook reddit Linkhttps://variety.com/2019/digital/news/apple-announces-gaming-subscription-service-apple-arcade-1203171344/?jwsource=clCopied EmbedCopiedLive00:0005:0305:03More Videos00:58Young Thug and Lizzo Top the RS Charts | RS Charts News 9/29/1902:55Emmys: Why Your Favorite Shows Aren’t Nominated02:15Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney Princesses04:09Hollywood Celebrities Who Died in 201900:49Wyclef Jean on the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Title01:08Naughty by Nature on Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award TitleClose Apple detailed its long-rumored gaming subscription service during a special event it held in Cupertino, California Monday.Apple Arcade is the world’s first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and living room, the company said. With a single subscription, you get access to more than 100 new and exclusive games. The games won’t be on any other mobile platform, according to Apple. The subscription will let you download and play as many of the Apple Arcade games as you want. They all feature cross-play between Apple devices, support family support — so everyone in a family shares the games for one fee — and all of them will be playable offline.Apple Arcade, which hits this fall in 150 countries from a new tab on the App Store across iOS, macOS and tvOS, will be curated by the same Apple team that curates the store. Pricing and further details will be announced later this year. Apple Arcade will launch in fall 2019 in more than 150 countries Apple said it will also be contributing to the development costs and working closely with creators to bring the games to life. The service will feature games from Annapurna Interactive, Bossa Studios, Cartoon Network, Finji, Giant Squid, Klei Entertainment, Konami, LEGO, Mistwalker Corporation, SEGA, Snowman, ustwo games and dozens more.Apple also announced a handful of games coming to the service Monday including “Beyond a Steel Sky,” “Where Cards Fall,” “FANTASIAN,” “Lifelike,” “Overland”, “Little Orpheus,” “The Artful Escape,” “The Pathless,” “ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree,” “LEGO Brawls,” “Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm,” “Sonic Racing,”“Box Project,” “Frogger in Toy Town,” “Projection: First Light,” “Mr. Turtle,” “Enter The Construct,” “Sayonara Wild Hearts,” and “Hot Lava.”“The App Store is the world’s biggest and most successful game platform. Now we are going to take games even further with Apple Arcade, the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room,” said Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We are working with some of the most innovative game developers in the world to create over 100 new and exclusive games to play across iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. Apple Arcade games will be great for families, respect user privacy and will not have ads or require any additional purchases. We think players of all ages are going to love Apple Arcade.”Developers interested in being considered for Apple Arcade should visit developer.apple.com/apple-arcade.Rumors of the Apple gaming subscription service first hit in January, when Cheddar reported on the premium service. Rumors had it that subscribers would get access to a bundle of paid games from various developers for a set monthly fee.Developers will then receive a cut of the revenue generated from these monthly subscriptions based on how much play time users spent playing their title, a source told Bloomberg. The service will exclude free to play titles that offer in-app purchases, according to the source.Apple is also gearing up to reveal details of its video, TV, and news subscription services, so the addition of a gaming service seems a natural addition.
2 min read This story originally appeared on Reuters Register Now » Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. December 6, 2016 Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global Web giants YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft will step up efforts to remove extremist content from their websites by creating a common database.The companies will share “hashes” — unique digital fingerprints they automatically assign to videos or photos — of extremist content they have removed from their websites to enable their peers to identify the same content on their platforms.”We hope this collaboration will lead to greater efficiency as we continue to enforce our policies to help curb the pressing global issue of terrorist content online,” the companies said in a statement on Tuesday.Tech companies have long resisted outside intervention in how their sites should be policed, but have come under increasing pressure from Western governments to do more to remove extremist content following a wave of militant attacks.YouTube and Facebook have begun to use hashes to automatically remove extremist content.But many providers have relied until now mainly on users to flag content that violates terms of service. Flagged material is then individually reviewed by human editors who delete postings found to be in violation.Twitter suspended 235,000 accounts between February and August this year and has expanded the teams reviewing reports of extremist content.Each company will decide what image and video hashes to add to the database and matching content will not be automatically removed, they said.The database will be up and running in early 2017 and more companies could be brought into the partnership.The European Union set up an EU Internet Forum last year bringing together the internet companies, interior ministers and the EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator to find ways of removing extremist content.The Forum will meet again on Thursday, when ministers are expected to ask the companies about their efforts and helping to provide evidence to convict foreign fighters.(Reporting by Julia Fioretti; editing by John Stonestreet)