The Tottenham Hotspur footballer believes the team can still lift the English Premier League trophy this season.Tottenham Hotspur is currently in third place of the English Premier League with 57 points.The team is five points behind second and first place Liverpool and Manchester City respectively with 62 points.And for Spurs Moussa Sissoko, his team can still become the Premier League champions this season.“If people want to talk about Liverpool and Man City then it’s better for us,” he told The Daily Telegraph.“For me, I prefer that. It means we can just do our job. We will fight to the end and anything can happen.”“And, yes, I think we can win the league because we have a good team,” he added.And the 29-year-old is hungry for a trophy.The midfielder started his professional career with Toulouse in 2007, and in 2013 he moved to the EPL for the first time with Newcastle United.It was then in 2016 when he decided to transfer to the Spurs.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“There are 13 games to the end so there are a lot of points left. But each game will be massive and hopefully we can win every one of them,” he commented.“We can see that we are not far from winning something.”“It is only small details that we are missing. What are those small details? I don’t know but we need to find the solution,” he continued.“I think we are capable, we have the team to win, everything is here to win and we just need to keep working and fighting. That is the only way.”The last time the Spurs lifted the First Division trophy was in the 1960-1961 season when they also won the double by earning the FA Cup too.But since then, the last thing they won was the FA Cup in 1990-1991.Moussa is back!💪 @MoussaSissoko 💪#COYS pic.twitter.com/uaQvx5kVux— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 24, 2019
WILMINGTON, MA – Looking for an excuse to eat out?The Wilmington Farmers Market Association is holding a “Dining For A Cause” Fundraiser at the 99 Restaurant (144 Lowell Street) on Monday, June 18, 2018, from 4pm to 11pm.Bring the flyer below and 15% of your bill will be donated to the Farmers Market. Applies to both dine-on AND take-out orders. (No coupons, discounts or promotions are accepted during the fundraiser.)At the restaurant, Farmers Market organizers will also be raffling off a gift basket that includes some goodies, products from its vendors, and gift certificates to local restaurants and farmers market vendors. Tickets will be $2 each or 3 for $5.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWHS Local Heroes Club To Hold Fundraiser To Benefit Veterans At 99 Restaurant On Sept. 11In “Community”99 Restaurant To Host Fundraiser For Cops With Kids For Cancer On June 5In “Community”99 Restaurant To Host Fundraiser For Northside PAC On May 29In “Community”
Representational imageNDTV.comNDTV officials have denied reports of SpiceJet’s Ajay Singh taking a majority stake in the news channel. “Not even a single sentence of these reports is true,” a senior NDTV official told The Hindu on Friday.Earlier, on Friday, the Indian Express (IE) had reported that Ajay Singh, the co-founder and owner of SpiceJet, has tapped a majority stake in India’s first English language private news channel NDTV.”Yes, the deal has been finalised and Ajay Singh will take control of NDTV along with editorial rights,” a source had told IE. Sources further said that Ajay Singh will have a controlling stake in NDTV of around 40 percent, while promoters Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy will hold around 20 percent stake. IE had reported that Singh would also pick up NDTV’s debt of over Rs 400 crore and the total deal was valued at around Rs 600 crore, sources told the daily.Singh had played an important part in the Bharatiya Janata Party’s 2014 poll campaign, and also coined the campaign slogan “Abki baar Modi sarkar.”Promoter shareholding in NDTV as of June 2017 stood at 61.45 percent, while the remaining 38.55 percent is held by the public, according to data available with Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). RRPR Holding, the parent company of NDTV, owned by founders Prannoy Roy and wife Radhika Roy is presently facing a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe for allegedly concealing a share transaction. In June, the CBI had conducted searches at the residences of the Roys.NDTV had then called the raid a “blatant attack on the freedom of the press”. CBI had filed its FIR based on a “shoddy complaint” by a “disgruntled” former NDTV consultant who has not obtained a “single order from the courts,” the channel said in a statement then.Following rumours of the acquisition, the NDTV stock was locked in the upper circuit of five percent at Rs 53.10 on the BSE. On the other hand, SpiceJet was trading two percent lower at Rs 143 after hitting a low of Rs 142 on BSE.For the June quarter, NDTV’s standalone income dropped 36 percent sequentially to Rs 69.9 crore from Rs 109.6 crore in March 2017 quarter, while the net loss stood at Rs 15.94 crore.
Twitter via @TiffanyAlanizA woman whose body was found 11 days after she made a frantic cellphone call from a Houston hotel elevator as floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey rushed in exited the elevator in the basement only to struggle against a strong waist-high current strewn with debris, a lawsuit filed Monday says.Jill Renick’s family filed a civil lawsuit in district court in Dallas, saying there wasn’t proper planning for flooding at the Omni Houston Hotel, where Renick worked and where flooding had occurred before. The lawsuit, which lists Omni Hotels and Resorts and Otis Elevator Company among the defendants, reveals new details of what happened in the moments leading up to the drowning of 48-year-old Renick.Renick “suffered a terrifying and horrific death” that was “unnecessary and easily preventable,” according to the lawsuit.“It’s just inexcusable for a hotel operation of this size to be that irresponsible,” said Rob Crain, the lead attorney for the family.The fate of Renick, who was the director of spa services at the hotel, was one of the most perplexing mysteries that came out of Harvey’s devastating flooding. She disappeared in the early morning hours of Aug. 27 as floodwaters inundated Houston. Her body was finally discovered on Sept. 7 in the ceiling of the hotel’s basement.“I don’t want this to happen to anybody again — employee or guest,” said Renick’s sister, Pam Eslinger.Renick, who spent the night with her dog in a room on the hotel’s third floor, was called by a staffer around 5:15 a.m. on Aug. 27 and told to “come downstairs,” Crain said.“We’ve asked for more specificity as to what she was told and we were told that that’s pretty much it: that she was told to come downstairs,” Crain said.The lawsuit said there’s no indication she was told the basement and elevator shafts were flooding, or that she was told to avoid the elevators. The lawsuit also adds that the elevators weren’t disabled, nor were they barricaded to prevent passengers from entering.“She was not given any indication that anything was remiss or dangerous for her to go downstairs,” Crain said, adding, “There was not a coordinated plan that was being implemented.”About 5:40 a.m., Renick made the call for help. The lawsuit says that according to the hotel, Renick said she was trapped in the basement service elevator and water was coming in. The lawsuit also says Renick “was heard screaming and clamoring for help by people on the first floor.”The lawsuit notes that the third floor, where she was staying, doesn’t have access to the service elevator so she would have likely had to access it from the first or second floors.According to the lawsuit, she was somehow able to exit the elevator into the basement. Video footage provided by the hotel to her family’s attorneys shows her coming from the area of the service elevator at 5:44 a.m.“We see her going against the flow of the floodwaters. We also see her shortly thereafter coming back with the flow of the water,” said Crain, who added, “It is clearly somebody who is trying to find a way out of this horribly terrifying condition.”The video ends at 5:45 a.m. and Renick isn’t seen alive again. “She desperately searched for a way out before climbing above the ceiling tiles and ceiling joists for the last pockets of air,” says the lawsuit, which adds that floodwaters eventually rose to the hotel’s first floor.The lawsuit says that before Renick was called in her room it was known that the basement and elevator shafts were flooding, noting that in that time period, people who appear to be hotel employees can be seen on the video walking through the accumulating water in the basement.The hotel, located near the Buffalo Bayou, has a history of flooding and is located in a flood plain, according to the lawsuit.The lawsuit also alleges that Otis Elevator, which had a contract with the hotel to maintain and service the elevators, should’ve installed flood sensors and warned users of the dangers of operating an elevator in flooding.Spokeswomen for both Omni and Otis said they don’t comment on pending litigation.The Occupational Safety and Health Administration in February fined the hotel for a violation, saying that the elevators being kept operational during flooding exposed employees to drowning.The hotel is currently undergoing a $30 million renovation and is set to reopen in November.Eslinger described her sister as the kind of person who “everybody gravitated to.”“She was wonderful and she’s missed terribly every day,” Eslinger said. Share